The transport of liquids from one point to another requires the use of channels. These channels carry water for irrigation, power generation, or supply to locations with water shortages.
The geomembrane meets this need with excellent cost-benefit, because:
- It prevents water leakage through infiltration.
- It increases flow velocity due to low geomembrane friction (in relation to concrete).
- It has high durability and can be exposed.
- It is able to adapt to the walls of the channel with ease, including curves.
- Reduction of construction time and costs.
- It protects slopes from erosion.